Council eyes changes to sign ordinance
The Lockhart City Council will hold a regular meeting on Tuesday, Jan. 20, 2009, beginning at 7:30 p.m. Items scheduled to be discussed during the meeting include:
– Presentation by entities requesting Hotel/Motel Occupancy Tax for Fiscal Year 2008-2009;
– Continue public hearing and consideration of Ordinance regarding amending Chapter 64 “Zoning” of the
Lockhart Code of Ordinances, revising Section 64-200 “Manufactured Homes and Modular Dwellings,” allowing Manufactured Homes to be placed only on lots that are wide enough for the longest horizontal dimension of the home to face the street while complying with the normal minimum building setback standards, regardless of when the lot was created. [Tabled Oct. 21, 2008];
– Consider Ordinance amending Chapter 24, Garage/Yard Sales, of the Lockhart Code of Ordinances, as recommended by the Ordinance Review Ad-hoc Committee;
– Consider Ordinance amending Chapter 32, Library, of the Lockhart Code of Ordinances, as recommended by the Ordinance Review Ad-hoc Committee;
– Consider the recommendations of the Ad hoc Ordinance Review Committee and the Planning and Zoning Commission regarding proposed amendments to Chapter 46 “Signs” of the Lockhart Code of Ordinances;
– Consider contract with Central Texas Highway Constructors for possible utility relocations and utility conduits associated with State Highway 130;
– Receive status reports from City Manager regarding: 1.) Water Well Transmission Main Project, 2.) Annual Audit Presentation Schedule, 3.) Utility Work on Prairie Lea Street by City Crews, 4.) Fire Line and Hydrant City Work on Reed Drive associated with the Caldwell County Jail Schedule, 5.) New Caldwell County jail project progress, 6.) Donated ambulance ceremony schedule.
Items listed on this tentative agenda are subject to change up to 72 hours prior to the regularly-scheduled meeting.
A discussion workshop will begin at 6:30 p.m., followed by the meeting beginning on 7:30 p.m. No action or votes will be taken during the workshop. Both the workshop and the regular meeting are open to the public and televised on Time Warner Digital Cable Channel 10.
The Lockhart City Council meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month in the Glosserman Conference Room at Lockhart City Hall.
(Courtesy of Connie Ortiz)