Norman Lloyd Wilson
Norman Lloyd Wilson was born Aug. 9, 1924 in Lockhart, Texas and died March 5, 2005 en route to a hospital in Socorro, NM as a result of complications of emphysema. He was preceded in death by his parents, Oscar B. and Nina Wilson. He is survived by his wife of 35 years, Grace Jacks Wilson; son Dennis, stationed at Ft. Mead, Md.; daughter Marcie Wilson; brothers, Dr. O.B. W
ilson Jr., of Monterey, Calif., Harold F. (Hank) Wilson of Lockhart; sisters, Vivian Schorlemer of San Antonio and Barbara Keahey of Austin. Norman served in the Pacific theater during World War II and on his discharge he returned to Lockhart High School to graduate in 1944. He attended Southwestern University and retired from employment with the Texas Highway Department after 32 years of service in its purchasing department. While employed and until his death Norman was active in ranching and in raising and training quarter horses. He had been president of Frontier Quarter Horse Association and was a director of The Austin Livestock Board. He was a qualified judge of quarter horses and several distinct breeds of horses. Norman had been a deacon and elder in The First Presbyterian Church of Lockhart and was a charter member of the Lockhart Ministerial Alliance, having been deeply involved in its establishment. At the time of his death, Norman had been a longtime resident of Lemitar, NM. Funeral services were conducted in Socorro, NM on March 8.