Legal Notices – May 23, 2013: Lockhart and Caldwell County (Texas)
Surface Preparation and Painting
The City of Lockhart is accepting sealed bids until Thursday, May 30, 2013, at 2 pm, from qualified painting contractors to prepare and paint (using external latex semi-gloss) all external painted surfaces of the City Hall building located at 30
8 W. San Antonio Street, including all roof overhangs and exposed external planter box walls.
Qualified contractors are strongly encouraged to inspect project closely prior to submittal of a bid. Questions may be directed to Lee Weatherford, Public Works Director. Bids not received at City Hall by the specified time and date will be rejected.
Successful bidder must provide certificate of insurance for workers compensation and general liability coverage naming the City of Lockhart as an additional insured at no additional cost. Workmanship and materials must be guaranteed for one year from date of acceptance.
The City of Lockhart reserves the right reject any and all bids.
The Housing Authority of the City of Lockhart has developed its Agency Plan in compliance with the Quality Housing and Work Responsibility Act of 1998.
It is available for review at the Housing Authority’s office, 809 Redwood, Lockhart, Texas.
The Housing Authority’s hours are 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday. In addition, a Public Hearing will be held on Monday, July 8, 2013. Everyone is invited.
COMPETITIVE SEALED PROPOSALS FROM
CONTRACTORS FOR THE HIGH SCHOOL SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL DRESSING ROOM PROJECT AT LOCKHART HIGH SCHOOL FOR LOCKHART INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
Lockhart ISD will accept proposals from Contractors until 2:00 P.M. June 12, 2013 at the District’s Administrative Offices located at 105 South Colorado, Lockhart, TX 78644. Please submit the proposals to Tanya Homann’s attention. Work includes building two (2) dressing rooms, one for the softball complex and one for the baseball complex. Each building is approximately 500 sq. ft. with restroom facilities, washer/dryer area, and lockers.
Proposal information and bid documents, including drawings and specifications are available from the Architect upon receipt of a refundable deposit of $100.00 to:
Fromberg Associates, Ltd
2406 Lake Austin Blvd
Austin, TX 78703
Contact: Bobby Tobar
Phone: 512.495.9171 x31
A pre-bid meeting will be held at the LISD Administration Office located at 105 S. Colorado St., Lockhart Texas 78644; (512) 398-0000 at 10:00 A.M., May 30, 2013. Attendance is highly encouraged but is not mandatory.
PUBLIC BID PROPOSAL NOTICE
Sealed proposals from qualified Texas licensed mechanical and electrical contractors are being received by the City of Lockhart at Lockhart City Hall, 308 West San Antonio, Lockhart, Texas 78644, until 11:00 A.M., Thursday, May 23, 2013, for supervision and labor hourly rates (including required tools) to remove existing condenser and air handler system, to install two (2) 7 ½ ton air-condition units with heat strip capabilities, and to perform all related electrical wiring for the City Hall mechanical project. Any proposals received after the closing date and time will be returned unopened.
SCOPE OF WORK:
1) City Hall Building, 308 W San Antonio Street : Provide supervision and labor to remove the existing condenser and air handler system, and to install two (2) 7 ½ ton air-condition units and perform all related electrical wiring for the City Hall building project. RUUD Systems are preferred.
2) Special Provision: Work must be performed in a manner to limit down time of the main A/C unit.
3) Bidders: Encouraged to visit City Hall and view project elements during normal business hours prior to submittal of proposal.
Work will require bid winner to:
1) Provide supervision and labor including required tools to complete scope of work.
2) Provide City with take off for required AC units and necessary materials for completion of scope of work.
3) Purchase all necessary AC units equipment and related materials for scope of work.
4) By 5 pm Wednesday of each week of the project, provide City invoices for supervision/labor based on proposal rates. Provide City with copies of invoice for AC equipment/materials received for the project; reimbursement for these will be at cost plus 15%.
5) Provide one year warranty on workmanship and applicable equipment such as the new AC units.
City of Lockhart reserves the right to reject any or all proposals and to waive formalities. No proposal may be withdrawn within sixty (60) days after the date received.
CITY OF LOCKHART, TEXAS
LEW WHITE, MAYOR