City to eye smoking restrictions in restaurants
The Lockhart City Council will hold a regular meeting on Tuesday, March 15, 2011, beginning at 7:30 p.m. Items scheduled for discussion during this meeting include:
* Presentation of a proclamation declaring April 10-16, 2011 as “National Crime Victims’ Rights Week;”
* Discussion and/or action to consider approval of Resolution 2011-04, naming Frank Estrada as the C
ity of Lockhart’s nominee to the Caldwell County Appraisal District Board of Directors;
* Discussion and/or action regarding requiring a 6-foot fence around demolition sites;
* Discussion and/or action regarding Lockhart Economic Development Corporation’s purchase of building for the AdviTech project and proposed use;
* Discussion and/or action regarding the Lockhart State Park, funding, future management, and possible ownership;
* Discussion and/or action regarding Mayor and Council per diem rate for out of town City business incurred expenses; and
* Discussion and/or action regarding a possible ordinance restricting smoking in eating establishments where 51 percent or more of income is from food sales.
Items on this tentative agenda are subject to change prior to the posting of the final agenda, 72 hours before the scheduled meeting. The Lockhart City Council routinely meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the Glosserman Conference Room in the basement level of Lockhart City Hall, 308 W. San Antonio St., in Lockhart. Work sessions, in which the council discusses items on the agenda but takes no official action, begin at 6:30 p.m., immediately prior to the meetings. Both work sessions and regular meetings are open to the public and televised on Time Warner Digital Cable Channel 10.
(Courtesy of Connie Rodriguez)