LISD to consider campus dedication
By LPR Staff
A decision that caused headaches for Lockhart ISD and a rift in the community will be brought back to the forefront on Monday evening during the regular meeting of the Board of Trustees.
In August, the trustees voted to rename Lockhart High School the Lockhart High School – M.L. Cisneros Campus. That decision, applaude
d by some and berated by others, started a firestorm of controversy about board policy and procedures, and accusations that the board had made the decision without public input.
The weight of public outcry and questions about the procedure of the decision led the board to rescind the decision in September, with intentions to bring it back for discussion at a later time.
That time has come, and the agenda for the board’s regular Monday meeting includes the following language: ‘Consider and/or approve renaming of the Lockhart High School Campus or the Lockhart High School Freshman Campus in honor of M. Louis Cisneros.’
Other items slated for discussion during the meeting include:
– Updated report on the possible televising of LISD board meetings;
– Bluebonnet Elementary School Gym Report;
– Consider and/or approve Comprehensive Annual Financial Report;
– Consider and/or approve the LHS Senior Class out-of-state trip;
– Discuss, consider and approve superintendent priorities;
– Employment, resignation and reassignment of personnel.
The LISD Board of Trustees will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 24, 2008, in the Conference Center (Old Library) at Lockhart High School. Time will be set aside early in the meeting for an open forum for public commentary, and concerned parties are encouraged to attend and participate.