Council begins budget considerations
The Lockhart City Council will hold a regular meeting on Tuesday, June 1, 2010, at 7:30 p.m. Items scheduled for discussion during the meeting include:
– Consider a new corporate Resolution for Texpool, TexSTAR, and Sage Capital Bank reflecting changes in staff;
– Receive biennial report from the Lockhart Historical Preservation Commission and follow up discussio
– Hold public hearing regarding proposed ordinance changes to Chapter 28, Historical Districts and Landmarks ordinance;
– Discussion/Action regarding proposed ordinance amending Chapter 28, Historical Districts and Landmarks;
– Consider an appeal by Suzanne Deniff Gaddis of the decisions of the Planning and Zoning Commission regarding variances to Chapter 52 “Subdivision Regulations” of the Lockhart Code of Ordinances pertaining to denial of a requested waiver of the requirement in Section 52-72(a) to dedicate streets in accordance with the adopted thoroughfare plan, and denial of a requested waiver of the requirements of Section 52-112 and 52-113 to either dedicate five percent of the land area of a residential subdivision between five acres and 20 acres in size as public parkland or pay a fee equivalent to five percent of the market value of the land in lieu of dedicating parkland, for the proposed Deniff Subdivision consisting of three residential lots on a total of 7.041 acres located at.826 Trinity Street;
– Consider approval of Fiscal Year 2010-2011 Budget and Tax Rate calendar;
– Consider authorizing staff to enter into an Affiliate Clinical Agreement with University of Texas Health Science Center;
– Consider appointing a Councilmember as a Council liaison to the Brock Cabin Committee;
– Discussion/Action regarding parade float during the Chisholm Trail Round-up on June 12, 2010;
– Discussion/Action regarding reallocating funds from parade float repairs to the July Fourth Fireworks event in City Park;
– Discussion/Action regarding donating in the interest of a public purpose old VHF radio equipment to Caldwell County;
– Discussion/Action regarding traffic turnaround proposed by the Texas Department of Transportation for south bound traffic of US 183 at the SH 130 interchange; and
– Discuss the possibility of entering into a Joint Resolution with the Caldwell County Commissioners Court to rename the Plum Creek Wetlands Park at Plum Creek to the H.T. Wright Memorial Park.
A discussion workshop will begin at 6:30 p.m., followed by the meeting beginning on 7:30 p.m. No action or votes will be taken during the workshop. Both the workshop and the regular meeting are open to the public and televised on Time Warner Digital Cable Channel 10.
The Lockhart City Council routinely meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month in the Glosserman Conference Room at Lockhart City Hall.
(Courtesy of Connie Rodriguez)