Council to eye rules, regulations for Lockhart Skate Park
The Lockhart City Council will hold a regular meeting on Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2009, beginning at 7:30 p.m. This meeting was rescheduled from the normal meeting date of Tuesday, so City Councilmembers and city staff can participate in the election scheduled Nov. 3, 2009. Items scheduled for discussion during the meeting include:
– Presentation of Caldwell County Medical
Assist Team providing information regarding their revenue and expenditure budget report;
– Consider approval of Resolution approving the City of Lockhart”s 2009 appraisal roll and tax amounts;
– Consider Ordinance amending Chapter 46, Signs, Section 46-7, “Signs exempt from Section 4-11,” to change the title of the section to “Exempt signs” and to add a limited exemption for scoreboards and signs facing the interior of athletic stadiums or fields, rodeo arenas, and fairgrounds;
– Consider Ordinance adopting Skate Park Rules and Regulations approved by the Parks Advisory Board and On A Roll, Inc;
– Discussion/action regarding award of annual fuel supply agreement to Johnson Oil Company of Gonzales, Texas, for 6.25 cents above the Oil Supply Information Service (OPIS) as posted each Thursday from the Austin, Texas, RACK published site;
– Discussion/action regarding recommended award of a multi-year contract with Maintenance Management for maintenance of the old sections of the Lockhart Municipal Burial Park (Cemetery);
– Consider resolution agreeing to maintain Safe Routes to School Project sidewalks and other pedestrian and traffic improvements if constructed under a grant;
– Discussion/action regarding the steps to be taken to encourage the Texas Department of Transportation to improve drainage and pedestrian conditions on FM 20 East or Blackjack Street (north and south sides) from US Highway 183 to Old McMahan Trail; and
– Discussion regarding the planned presentation by Austin Community College at the next City Council meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 17, 2009.
Items listed on this tentative agenda are subject to change up to 72 hours prior to the regularly-scheduled meeting.
A discussion workshop will begin at 6:30 p.m., followed by the meeting beginning on 7:30 p.m. No action or votes will be taken during the workshop. Both the workshop and the regular meeting are open to the public and televised on Time Warner Digital Cable Channel 10.
The Lockhart City Council routinely meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month in the Glosserman Conference Room at Lockhart City Hall.
(Courtesy of Connie Ortiz)